Membership requirements for The American Legion, The American Legion Auxiliary and the Sons of The American Legion are all listed below.
We are the veterans, family and children of Paris Post 1 in France.
ONLINE FORMS for NEW MEMBERS & TRANSFERS
Information you will need to complete each online form:
1. Your membership #
2. Your DD-214 (or the DD-214 for the veteran who sponsors you)
3. Your current post # (if known)
4. Current Post Adjutant/Secretary's name and email address (if possible, for transfers)
For all current members of the American Legion, Auxiliary and Sons who would like to start or transfer their membership with Paris Post 1, please complete the corresponding online form by clicking on the links below:
LEGIONNAIRE ONLINE MEMBERSHIP FORM
AUXILIARY ONLINE MEMBERSHIP FORM
SONS ONLINE MEMBERSHIP FORM
AMERICAN LEGION PARIS POST 1 (POST FR01):
If you have served federal active duty in the United States Armed Forces since December 7, 1941, and have been honorably discharged or are still serving - you are eligible for membership in The American Legion!
*Because eligibility dates remain open, all active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
**U.S. Merchant Marine eligible only from December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 (WWII).
AMERICAN LEGION AUXILIARY PARIS POST 1 (UNIT FR01)
Membership in The American Legion Auxiliary shall be limited to the:
(1) grandmothers, mothers, sisters, spouses, and direct and adopted female descendants of members of The American Legion; and
(2) grandmothers, mothers, sisters, spouses, and direct and adopted female descendants of all men and women who served in either of the following periods: April 6, 1917, to November 11, 1918 and any time after December 7, 1941 who, being a citizen of the United States at the time of their entry therein served on active duty in the Armed Forces of any of the governments associated with the United States during either eligibility periods and died in the line of duty or after honorable discharge;
(3) grandmothers, mothers, sisters, spouses, and direct and adopted female descendants of all men and women who were in the Armed Forces of the United States during either of the following periods: April 6, 1917, to November 11, 1918; and any time after December 7, 1941 who served on active duty in the Armed Forces of the United States during either eligibility periods and died in the line of duty or after honorable discharge; and
(4) to those women who of their own right are eligible for membership in The American Legion.*
* A woman who is eligible for American Legion membership is eligible to join the American Legion Auxiliary regardless of whether or not she is a member of The American Legion. However, eligibility of her female relatives (sister, mother, direct descendants) and/or spouse depends upon her membership in The American Legion.
SONS OF THE AMERICAN LEGION PARIS POST 1 (SQUADRON FR01)
All male descendants adopted sons, and stepsons of members of The American Legion, and such male descendants of veterans who died in service during the period of April 6, 1917, through November 11, 1918, or any time from December 7, 1941, to date, who served honorably, as set forth in Article IV, Section 1, of the National Constitution of The American Legion, or who died subsequent to their honorable discharge from such service, shall be eligible for membership in the Sons of The American Legion.
If you are unable to complete this form, please contact us at: email@example.com
You request will be submitted to the American Legion Department of France for approval and processing by Paris Post 1.
By transferring your membership to Paris Post 1, your annual membership fees help support our local historic group of veterans and our ceremonial duties. This is a legacy that we have been carrying on for over 100 years.
We thank you for your support keeping the legacy alive!